Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This was our very Christmas at home without our extended family. Ben was on call over the holiday, so a California Christmas it was. One little hitch, we didn't have a tree, no ornaments, I think all we had was a nativity. So, I headed to target to get all-plastic ornaments, and the girls decorated their first tree of their own.

Christmas Eve we decorated cookies. Allie was especially in love with this activity. She went for hours.

Christmas morning was full of happy faces.

Oliver had to be dragged away from his "choo choos". I love the dinosaur causing mayhem in the train town.
We knew Christmas morning would go fast. So we went to the El Capitan in Hollywood in the afternoon. The girls love going to this theater because they have live stage shows previewing the movie. We had reserved seats with VIP treatment. Mickey and the gang put on a great show, finished with "snow" falling from the ceiling of the gorgeous theater. We then watched "A Christmas Carol" which proved way too scary for all of the kids. But still, they had a good time.



No comments: