Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy First Birthday Oliver!


Happy Birthday my little man! I can't believe you are already one--yet it seems like you have been in our family always. I love how sweet you are and how happy. I love that you "talk" to me in your own little way. You have always been so good at communicating what you want. I love that you love your daddy so much. Dada was your first and only word for the longest time. Then came "I love you" or "I ya ya", then "sis". And slowly you started to say "mama"--usually in tears or when you needed me--but you still said it! I love that you look for dad everyday in and out of the house. It does make sense that he would be right outside--he leaves out the door and comes in the door-so he must be right outside. I love that at 5 months you started making eveything a ball. I love how you throw the ball so good. You love to hammer and build. You love cars and wheels and playing ball. You are such a boy. But you are so sweet and lovey and cuddly too. You give the best kisses--on demand--and all on your own too! You are so curious and self sufficient. You love to pull everything out of the drawers. You have gotten quite good at getting around, and you are so cute when you take those few little steps. I love love love when you dance. You are like your sister Izzie, whenever you hear music--in the elevator, in the store, a commercial--you dance and dance. You have a darling sit-dance that you just pump your stomach back and forth and throw your hand up and down. Then there is the standing dance when your little bum goes up and down so fast. And you are even trying to get tricky lifting up one foot at a time-going side to side. You say hi to everyone and grin so big. Everyone that sees you comments on what a happy baby you are and what amazing eyelashes you have. You are so happy and such a sweet little spirit. I am so happy we finally have you in our family. We love you to pieces! Happy birthday!

No comments: